Have you noticed any signs of mold invasion? Well, it is worth noting that mold can pose a danger to your family’s health if not well handled. For starters, poor handling of residential mold can impact negatively on your indoor air quality. Consequently; other health complications such as allergies, headaches, asthma among other respiratory ailments would crawl into your life slowly. Such health issues will definitely make your life unbearable and complicated. Mold can also ruin your clothes, furniture, carpets, wooden floors and drywall among many other things. While it is inevitable to have a little mold in your home at some point, mold remediation is very important to avoid further damages.
Here are Do’s and Don’ts of mold removal
Do’s of mold removal
- Contact a professional mold remediation expert
The first thing you should do after spotting visible signs of mold invasion is to call a certified and experienced mold removal professional. The advantage of working with experts is that they use advanced mold remediation supplies and techniques to solve the issue effectively.
- Open windows and doors
Consider improving your indoor air circulation by opening all your home’s windows and doors for prolonged periods of time. This will allow free flow of fresh air in your house hence reducing the chances of suffering from respiratory complications.
- Switch on your air conditioner
The other thing you should think of doing is to run your dehumidifier to reduce the level of humidity in your home. This is a technique that works very well provided your air conditioner is functional and well-maintained.
- Find the source of the mold
It is important to ensure that you locate the source of moisture that causes mold. After identifying the problem, fix it effectively to prevent further mold invasion. Remove the entire mold from the affected areas using quality disinfectants. While at it, consider drying the moist areas to eradicate chances of mold growth reoccurrence.
Don’ts of Mold removal
You should refrain from the following if you want to deal with mold growth yourself;
- Don’t sleep in a room that has been invaded by mold.
- Never vacuum mold affected materials to avoid triggering mold spores unnecessarily.
- Don’t handle mold issues without the right protective gear such as dust mask, gloves and eye protection for your own safety.
- Don’t waste time after noticing the existence of mold within your property. Call a professional mold remediation company to address the problem effectively.
- Avoid using bleach for mold removal. As a matter of fact, the use of bleach is not only futile but also escalates mold growth.
- Don’t use fans to eradicate mold. It will only spread mycotoxins into the air and worsen the quality of your indoor air circulation.
To get a knowledgeable mold assessment, it is best to utilize the services of a certified mold remediation professional. Let Crime Scene Cleanup experts get the job done for you effectively professionally.